We are not a crisis hotline and provide very minimal crisis care services BUT we do have some crisis care resources linked below. Finding the right shelter and help when you are in need, can be very challenging and frustrating. We encourage you to contact us or a domestic violence resource for support and encouragement.
If you need to speak to someone about your situation, please contact the numbers provided on this page. Links to additional resources can be found below.
FOUR STEPS YOU CAN TAKE NOW
- Take our evaluation Are You Being Abused? and take the recommended action based on your score.
- Read the Signs & Symptoms of Abuse and identify similarities.
- Safety planning is important. Safety planning while you are living with an abuser, if you decide to leave, if you have children, pets or are currently pregnant can all have specific risks. You are the expert on your situation. Learn more about safety planning. Learn more about safety planning.
- Contact us to speak to someone.
Everyone can play an active role in stopping domestic violence and sexual assault before it occurs by helping establishing a safe environment.
Taking steps to stop harassment or violence can make a significant difference in someones life, and send a powerful message to society that violence is not acceptable.
When a friend says "I need help now? What do you do?
Four Steps You Can Take to Help
- Follow this Lethality Assessment Questionnaire. This will help you identify if you need to call 9-1-1 or take time to get more information and identify community resources.
- Read Signs & Symptoms of Abuse and identify their abuse.
- Review the Dos and Don’t when helping others.
- Learn about Safety planning. It is important - especially when helping someone else. Safety planning while they are are living with an abuser, if they decide to live, if they have children, pets or are currently pregnant can all have specific risks. The victim is the expert on your situation. You may want them to leave, but there are many barriers faced once they leave. Make sure that the preparations before leaving the home are done. Safety planning help guides.